So as I've posted here and on my FB pages... and many of you may know, I am a Beachbody coach. What that means is... I use incredible workout programs, drink my Shakeology daily and get to work with an amazing team of men and women.. like minded friends.. who are passionate about getting and staying fit and healthy.
It's a lifestyle for us.
For years, ok, for most of my life, I have been on a quest for the perfect body.
In my early 20s it was the muscle.. the stamina to teach and complete two 45 minute step classes 3 or 4 times a week at a gym I worked at. Training HUGE muscle bound men... and yes, some not so bulky guys.. to get in shape and they chose ME for a trainer.
Then after my kids it was mostly to peel off the baby weight so I dieted and tried my hand at cardio ( mainly aerobics again and running)
Then with the birth of my 3rd child I was limited to light physical activity so I tried Yoga and fell in love.
Then it was the Bowflex and the total GYM ( you know the one endorsed by Chuck Norris....) as well as owning my very own ballet bar. Had a full gym with a treadmill and stairmaster.. and I ended up getting my ass handed to me by Jillian Michaels during the 30 day Shred ( thank you Sarah Viz!!)
I'd lose 10 pounds... drop a size or 2 then gain it back when I thought I could take a week or 2 off.
Then... divorce and along with that came stress, low finances and little food... causing me to drop to anorexic- type dangerous low weight with NO muscle tone at all!
Then... something amazing happened. I met Noah.. my husband, a personal trainer and my all around support network and motivator.
We hit the gym EVERY MORNING at 5am, he monitored my diet, forcing me to eat healthier and add protein to my life and I started to fill out in the right places and lose fat, build muscle.
Then... laziness and injury happened and here comes another 15-20 pounds like snapping fingers.
Crossfit was my saving grace the next round and I peeled off 20+ pounds of fat and frustration while toning up and feeling STRONG!
Then... we moved.
Here comes another 20 pounds of sweet iced tea and junk food.
Then... enter Beachbody. Shakeology.
The 21 Day Fix was my light!!!
It has worked for me now for almost 2 years and while I teeter between a size 4 and 6 now... yes I have a little pooch belly and I still indulge in junk food and have lazy mornings when the last thing I'm gonna do is work out.. and.. gasp. .. I am probably gonna buy a 1 piece bathing suit for the first time in my life... ( it will be sexy and I will rock it!) I continue to drink my shake every morning. I continue to use the amazing Beachbody programs and I've gotten back into the Yoga I loved so much.
This time I'm not watching the scale. I'm not worried about my 4s or 6s being a little snug. I'm not freaking out about my muffin top or my lack of "cut" in my arms and shoulders. ..
I'm just gonna focus on being ME..
Being healthy.
Eating to fuel my body with healthy food.
Stretching.
Having some ME meditation time every morning.
And enjoying how I am and how I feel
So...
I would urge you to get moving, but do something you love.
If you love running then RUN.
If you love lifting then LIFT.
If you love Crossfit... the THROW DOWN.
If you love yoga then Downward Dog.
Just breathe and just BE YOU.
You only have one body.
Be healthy and happy and comfortable in your skin!
God made you beautiful.
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment